Looking for a complete guide on Elementor? Well, you’re in the right place. This article will guide you through Elementor, its wide range of features, difference from other plugins, and everything you need to know about it – including bits of review and honest opinion about it. This article is your one-stop shop for all your informational needs on Elementor, so let’s get started.
What is Elementor?
Elementor in a nutshell… Page builder plugins maximize the use of content management systems such as WordPress. As extra software components, plugins allow users to customize their page building experience according to their needs and to improve output quality.
Elementor is a rising WordPress plugin that is creating a reputation among builders as an efficient tool for professionally designed and visually appealing web pages. As a matter of fact, the plugin is active on over two million WordPress sites.
Elementor is popular for its drag-and-drop interface. This feature allows you to use pre-built elements known as “widgets.” They make page building more convenient and faster. Even beginners won’t have a hard time figuring out how it works.
The plugin lets users see the actual look of the finished page while on the process of creating or editing it. This makes Elementor a handy tool for newbies in page building who don’t know about codes. There is no need for advanced technical know-how. You only have to explore the plugin’s many elements and options to create customized, stylized, and attractive pages.
Page builder Vs. Theme builder
In case you are torn between WordPress themes and those page-building plug-ins, you are not alone. A lot of people have the same dilemma. Here’s what you need to know so you can arrive at a better decision for your page-building project.
WordPress offers a good number of free and premium themes. Another great thing about it is there are many page-building themes and plugins that help create unique designs. And with these seemingly limitless options on themes and builder plugins, you can create any type of website.
Most themes feature two layouts: one for the blog page and archives and another for the other pages. While there are many themes to choose from, you will notice a few drawbacks: you have limited color options, no sidebars, and no built-in elements. Majority of WordPress themes are created for a particular purpose like websites and blogs. Other themes are for certain fields while most are for generic use.
While all themes can be customized, it is only possible at a certain extent. There are only a few basic features that you can adjust and personalize. You can choose from light or dark color scheme and change the titles and highlights. In essence, there’s not so much you can do when you utilize the existing themes.
Page-building plugins are favored for their drag-and-drop elements. There is a wide variety of designs to choose from. You can modify them according to your style needs. Page-builders are excellent options if you want to create a unique website that will stand out from the rest. This makes plugins a great option for builders and website owners who have unique style sensibilities and those who want to focus on providing excellent navigation experience for their visitors.
We will delve on the many features and functionalities of plugins later in this article.
How to Install Elementor
There are two easy ways to install your WordPress plugin. One is through the official Elementor website. Here is how you can install Elementor:
- Download the plugin from the website.
- Open your WordPress dashboard, click “Plugins > Add New.”
- Click “Upload Plugin” and click on the downloaded file.
Another method is through your WordPress dashboard. Here are the steps:
- Click “Plugins > Add New.”
- Enter “Elementor” on the search box and click “Elementor Page Builder” to install.
- Click “Activate” once the installation is done.
Elementor gives you a long list of features designed to maximize the functionality of WordPress as a content management system and to develop professional websites tailored to suit the needs and preferences of the owner. Here is a quick guide to some of its most notable and useful attributes.
For a quick refresher, the parallax effect is a scrolling effect in which the images on the background move slower than the element over them. This effect results in the illusion of a 3D element in a 2D surface. If you want to know more about the parallax feature in Elementor, consider checking out this complete guide on parallax effects.
Elementor has taken the parallax game to the next level by providing a good number of variations. These include:
- Parallax Background Scroll
- Parallax Vertical Scroll
- Parallax Horizontal Scroll
- Parallax Transparency Effect
- Parallax Blur Effect
- Parallax Rotate Effect
- Parallax Scale Effect
Widgets are control elements that allow users to perform advanced design customizations. These tools are very important in personalizing and adjusting design elements and content features to achieve the desired results.
Elementor’s basic elements that are common in many content management programs include:
- Text Editor
- Google Maps
- Social Icons
Additional widgets that come with the plugin’s Pro version include:
- Price List
- Call to Action
- Media Carousel
- Share Buttons
- Facebook Button, Embed, Page, and Comments
- Price Table
Some other theme elements that add functionality to the pages include:
- Post Title, Excerpt, Content, Comments, Info, and Navigation
- Featured Image
- Author Box
- Site Logo and Title
- Page Title
- Search Form
For ecommerce sites, special widgets are provided as well. Here are some of them:
- Product Title, Images, Price, Rating, Stock, Meta, and Data Tabs
- Menu Cart
- Add to Cart
- Custom Add to Cart
- WooCommerce Pages
Adding sliders to WordPress pages is a breeze with Elementor. The process is far from complicated, thanks to the drag-and-drop functionality. What’s more, you can create slides that are different from the usual, generic slides you see in other builders. You can create full width and full screen slides that are responsive and look perfect no matter where you view the page from, be it from your smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
For slides that stand out from the rest, you can explore a plethora of effects and animations, as well as options when it comes to transition, interaction, alignment, position, and navigation of your slides.
It’s important to stress that when you use Elementor, you wouldn’t feel alone, alienated, or intimidated. Elementor is a user-friendly plugin that is designed for users of different levels of page building skills and experience. Aside from its user-friendliness, it also provides support for the informational needs of their growing number of users.
Their website provides every information you would need to make your Elementor experience much more comfortable and convenient. They provide video tutorials, FAQs, and an impressive knowledge base that features documents and articles that you will find useful in your webpage creation.
Whether you are looking for installation instructions, guide on compatible themes, or fixing ‘preview could not be loaded’ errors, the Elementor website is open to provide you answers, suggestions, instructions, and solutions.
Elementor has been used in the creation of websites for various businesses across different fields and industries. It has proved to be a great tool that combines aesthetics and purpose, delivering high quality websites that drive traffic and engage audience.
There is no better way to see the overall functionality of Elementor page builder than checking out the websites made with Elementor. Here are some examples that you may check out:
Elementor’s free version is already a treasure trove of possibilities for your webpage building projects. If you want to up your game, however, it’s a must to consider upgrading to the Pro version. Here are some of the best reasons you should go get the Elementor Pro version.
- Theme Tailoring. With the pro version, you can customize your headers and footers to suit your design sensibilities and the functional requirements of your site. It gives you total control of how every part of the page should look and work. And the best thing is you are also in charge of your themes minus the need to master the codes.
- Additional Applications. You get more than 50 additional advanced widgets on top of those that you can get from the free version. These widgets provide more options in terms of your menu, search bar, and social media functions. Marketing and conversion widgets are also added, which are essential elements in e-commerce websites.
- Form-Building Functions. The Elementor Pro version also gives you access to form-building functionalities. You can design your own forms – from the simplest to the most advanced high-converting forms. On top of that, you can likewise integrate various marketing tools along with spam filters and other security features.
- Perfect Post and Portfolio. The Elementor plugin gives you the advantage of bringing your best posts and projects on the spotlight. You can display them in the most prominent part of the website and use a wide variety of styles and design option to make them stand out even more. And again, you can customize them to suit your personal taste and the current trends.
- Easy Ecommerce Establishment. The Elementor Pro version comes with a WooCommerce builder that lets you personalize the pages dedicated for your individual products and their archives. There are 18 special WooCommerce widgets that you can utilize to create beautiful sales pages. Building an online store from scratch is a piece of cake with Pro.
- Popping Popups. Designing and building popups for your website are also made easier. You can use over 100 widgets in your popups, add WordPress content, and even integrate various marketing tools.
- Amazing Animations. Elementor Pro lets you give your pages more life through its different animation options. Innovative options when it comes to scrolling, tilting elements, image and background editing are readily available.
Other than these benefits, Elementor Pro also comes with 24/7 premium support and access to all updates.
Furthermore, active customers who wish to upgrade to Elementor Pro qualify for a 25% discount. The discount is only good before the expiration of the license. In addition, Elementor offers special deals and promos every now and then, offering good discounts on upgrades and new purchases. They encourage users to subscribe to their newsletter to get updates on upcoming promos and Elementor Pro discounts.
Developers never stop creating solutions that take the entire website-building process with Elementor to a whole new level. In fact, there are numerous third party add-ons that give the plugin a significant functionality boost and maximize the options of the builders. Here are few examples of the most popular Elementor add-ons.
- Ultimate Add-ons. This add-on offers an intuitive interface that matches well with Elementor, along with a library of customized widgets. These special widgets are designed to make webpage building a lot simpler and the output, more stunning.
- Essential Add-ons. This third party add-on has been downloaded 1.65 million times and at has at least 230,000 satisfied users declaring it as the best among today’s available add-ons. Essential Add-ons for Elementor offers over 100 ready-to-use templates and sections that help make unique and creative websites. Each element can be customized to translate creative visions into excellent pages.
- HT Mega. HT Mega offers over 80 widgets and 360 blocks. The massive amount of options provided allows builders to improve their pages with ready made elements for design and usability. Another advantage of using HT Mega add-on is every element is responsive in all kinds of device.
- Premium Add-ons. With over 50 widgets, Premium Add-ons helps builders create highly professional website pages minus the fuss of coding. Widgets are also customizable to achieve the desired page layout and the overall visual appeal of the website.
As mentioned, Elementor is a great tool for all types of developers – from the rookies in page building to those who are more seasoned in the craft. Their website offers a wide library of resources to guide each user regardless of their skill level and experience.
There are various articles and video tutorials that cover a wide range of topics. Elementor WordPress tutorials and guides teach users how to:
- Create and design custom navigation menu
- Build a WordPress E-commerce site
- Restrict content on Elementor sites
- Improve website accessibility with Elementor
- Use motion effects to animate images
- Use Parallax effects
And the list goes on. You may check out Elementor’s blog for their long list of guides and tutorials.
Elementor offers an incredible amount of templates that are carefully designed and structured to match the unique needs and goals of the builder. Their library of templates covers just about any type of website for individuals, companies, and business entities under various sectors and industries.
You can find beautiful, ready-to-use templates for:
- Hotels, Restaurants, and Spa
- Agencies and Services
- Apps and E-book Stores
- Fitness Businesses
- Professional Practitioners (Chiropractors, Personal Trainers, etc.)
- Style Professionals (Stylists, Interior Designers, Architects, etc.)
- Law Firms and Financial Consultants
- Weddings and Events
- Personal Portfolios
- Festivals and Tourism
- Real Estate
Note that these are only some examples of businesses and industries that Elementor has a ready-made template for. Whether you want to build an online cupcake store or you wish to promote your portfolio as a freelance professional, you can easily find a professional-looking Elementor template that fits the purpose. All you have to do is browse through your options, pick what matches your taste, add content, and you have a great-looking site to welcome your visitors.
As mentioned earlier, Elementor provides developers with a wide array of themes that are designed to create great-looking sites and mobile-compatible landing pages. As a WordPress plugin, Elementor works well with any existing themes. This saves you from the trouble to ruining a current design, layout, or a customized template. This also allows for easy customization of your website without relying on codes.
Hello, for instance, is considered as one of the best themes for Elementor today. What makes it stand out from other themes is that it is always up to date and up to speed. Most importantly, it is consistently compatible with Elementor – a match made for an efficient webpage development.
The Elementor Hello theme is especially useful in creating landing page. Everybody knows the importance of page responsiveness in influencing conversions. With Hello, landing pages are made to load faster, providing website visitors a positive initial impression of the site. Thus, this is one of the most useful themes for ecommerce sites.
Elementor is only one of the many wonderful WordPress plugins you can choose from. The choice of plugin is actually a matter of finding what suits your page-building skills and your preferences when it comes to aesthetics and the overall use of the website to be built. Of course, costs also matter.
Divi and Beaver Builder are two of the most popular alternatives to Elementor. Here is a quick guide to these WordPress plugins and their difference from Elementor.
Elementor vs Divi
Elementor and Divi have one thing in common: they are both known for their front-end drag-and drop editing. If one is to look into which of the two is worth the download, it pays to look into their approach and features as WordPress plugin.
Elementor’s interface is divided into two major sections: one section that shows the preview of the layout that can be customized using the drag-and-drop function. Then there is a fixed sidebar where you will do most of the building process. This section is where you integrate new elements, apply styles, and access other tools. The sidebar can be hidden to allow a fullscreen preview of your work.
Divi, on the other hand, provides access to both types of editing: front-end visual and back-end editing. More users prefer the visual editor, but for those who like editing from the back-end, Divi offers that option.
Divi Builder’s interface is different from Elementor’s. For one reason, there is no fixed sidebar and you only use the floating buttons that open different popups.
Furthermore, Elementor and Divi use different terms for their set of elements. With Elementor, the elements are known as sections (largest group), columns (page dividers), and widgets (design elements); while Divi calls them sections, rows, and modules respectively.
The free version of Elementor offers 28 widgets while its pro version offers 58. Divi, which doesn’t have a free version, gives users a total of 36 modules.
When it comes to templates, Elementor’s free version offers 40 page templates while the Pro counterpart has hundreds of page and block templates to choose from. Divi Builder now has over 350 templates included in its 45+ layout packs.
Both plugins are considered visual builders offering in-line editing, but the major difference between them is that Elementor has a free version. The Pro version of Elementor costs $49, while Divi costs $89. Another main difference lies in the codes. Elementor leaves behind a clean code, while Divi doesn’t.
Elementor vs Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is known for its user-friendly interface partnered with a number of features that simplify the page-building process. Like Elementor, it also features front-end visual editing function.
Beaver Builder’s interface is easy to navigate and highly responsive, similar to Elementor. While Elementor has a live preview section and a sidebar, Beaver has a full-width design preview. The control panel is tucked into a top bar that appears when you need to edit a module or row. You need to click the plus symbol (+) to access the menu.
Similar to Elementor, you simply drag and drop the modules as you create your page. While the popups are where you edit the modules, there is an option to pin the popup to the sidebar for easier access.
In terms of elements, Elementor’s sections, columns, and widgets are matched respectively by Beaver Builder’s rows, columns, and modules. Beaver Builder also has a free version that offers 6 modules, while its premium version has 30 modules.
One great thing about Beaver Builder is that like Elementor, it can also be enhanced by using third-party plugins. There are add-ons that boost Beaver Builder with at least additional 45 new modules.
Beaver Builder’s premium version costs $99, which is almost twice the price of Elementor and is $10 higher than Divi Builder.
Last words about Elementor
Elementor is an outstanding WordPress plugin that offers the necessary versatility in the fast-changing industry of web development. It offers many different features that open almost limitless possibilities in terms of design and functions – making it possible for developers to come up with the most advanced and sophisticatedly designed websites. More importantly, Elementor provides great opportunities for small-time builders and startups with limited resources, thanks to its low price. For one, it has a free version. For another, it’s Pro version is only $49, while other plugins cost $89 – $99.
Elementor also comes in reasonably priced packages. It’s Plus package, which is good for three sites, costs $99 per year. It’s Expert package is priced at $199/year, not bad for something you can use for 1,000 sites!
One last question: why should you use Elementor now?
Now that you have a clear understanding of Elementor, its features and advantages, it is easier to see the reasons this page builder is gaining popularity among web developers. Nowadays, there is a growing competition in creating efficient websites that not only lure in visitors, but also bring in money. This is especially true nowadays when more and more businesses and professionals capitalize on their online presence.
With Elementor, you are saved from being one of those cookie-cutter websites. Being generic, plain, and boring is a big no-no in today’s cutthroat online world. Elementor allows you to create unique, visually appealing, and highly functional websites. It gives you the chance to personalize your online presence based on your goals and missions, as well as on the growing needs and demands of the consumers online.
It is high time that you try Elementor to see for yourself.
Learn more by visiting the Elementor official website.